Thursday, July 14, 2011

Red Pepper Pasta with Tofurkey

Opening my fridge for lunch today I came across a container of leftover pasta.  I thought to myself, this'll do just fine, I'll just drizzle some olive oil.  Wrong!  I noticed I also had some pesto.  Hmm, I have something going here.

So I heat up a cast iron skillet, throw in a clove of roughly diced garlic in some olive oil and let that sizzle a bit.  Then I realized, I have some red bell pepper that needs to be used ASAP!  While getting that pepper, I grabbed some Tofurkey (the sun-dried tomato kind) just for the heck of it.  

I quickly chop of the pepper into 1 inch strips and slice the tofu sausage stuff, throw it in the skillet.  Now it's smelling good!  I let that brown a little so the tofurkey can be crispy (that's when its best IMO) and then throw the leftover pasta on top.  Pasta in a skillet?  I think so.  The crazy wonderful part?  I added dried peppermint.  Odd, but wonderful.
  • 1 1/2 cup loosely packed pasta (cooked) 
  • 1/4 of a large red bell pepper, sliced in 1" strips
  • 1/2 a Tofurkey sausage, sliced
  •  1clove garlic, diced
  • 1 T (tbsp) of pesto
  • 1 t (tsp) of dried peppermint, finely ground (optional)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More